Application deadline: July 22, 2022
Fellowship period: August 2022 – July 2023
The Portulans Institute Fellowship Program offers graduate students and young professionals opportunities to work on novel research on human capital, technology and innovation policies. We welcome applications from individuals in any country who are committed to understanding and advancing an inclusive and sustainable development of societies.
About Portulans Institute
Founded in 2019, the Portulans Institute (PI) is an independent nonprofit, nonpartisan research and educational institute based in Washington DC. Our mission is:
- To develop cross-community knowledge on how people, technology and innovation contribute to sustainable, inclusive growth.
- To inform policymakers, by producing independent, rigorous metrics and data-based research.
- To collaborate with private sector leaders in driving a business agenda that invests in people, technology and innovation.
- To host and co-organize events and conferences on the above issues affecting human-centric sustainable economic prosperity.
As a Portulans Institute fellow, you will have access to our network of policymakers, corporate leaders and academics focused on the role of innovation and ICT for sustainable growth. You will also have access to the data behind our indexes and publications, and our content distribution channels to publish your related research. You will also have the opportunity to join Portulans Institute’s global events and be supported in organizing your own events. Finally, you will be able to access a grant of up to US$ 1,000.00 during your Fellowship.
What we’re looking for in our Fellows:
- At least three years of relevant work or research experience.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills. Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to explain technology to those that aren’t as familiar with technology tools or concepts.
- Track record of success taking initiatives and working with others.
- Ability to work with a global team and flexibility to work remotely.
- Fluent in English, with a second language preferred.
- Ability to attend bi-weekly cohort meetings (schedule will be determined based on availability).
- Committed to our mission.
This is a Global fellowship. Residency in Washington DC is not required to be a fellow of the Portulans Institute.
As a Portulans Institute Fellow you can:
- Research relevant policymaking topics covered by Portulans Institute – see https://portulansinstitute.org/our-focus/.
- Produce and publish content for our blog.
- Work on case studies of relevant countries, translating Portulans Institute findings in support of local policy making.
- Participate in and submit briefs to conferences or events on behalf of PI.
- Organize dialogues with industry leaders, policymakers, key figures, etc.
- Host joint events with other think-tanks, governmental and non-governmental organizations, companies, etc.
- Develop training courses or workshops pertaining to relevant topics and applicable skill sets within the industry.
- Support Portulans Institute by writing about your experience periodically, and by representing Portulans Institute at events.
- Propose other relevant activities, as determined by the Fellow.
TO APPLY: Please complete this form by July 22, 2022. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.