The NRI Knowledge Partners Network brings together a selected group of public and private institutions that are passionate about the overall goal of allowing the global community to benefit from technology. Knowledge Partners are actively engaged with the use of technology to enhance competitiveness, to further development, and to support an inclusive and sustainable growth agenda. Knowledge Partners commit to engaging with Portulans Institute to support the development of the NRI across the entire cycle – from its conceptual framework to its execution and launch.
The Network Readiness Index was first published in 2002 by the World Economic Forum. It provides a holistic framework for assessing the multi-faceted impact of digital technologies on society and economic development. Over the last two decades, the NRI has established itself as one of the most comprehensive assessments of digital readiness, covering over 120 economies from the developing and developed world, representing over 95 percent of global GDP. Many economies utilize the NRI to design their digital strategies, and the NRI is used and frequently quoted by leaders from the public and private sectors.
Since 2019, the NRI is published by the Portulans Institute, a non-partisan, non- profit research and educational institute based in Washington DC. For its 2019 edition, the NRI has been redesigned to reflect the critical role of digital technologies in building future-ready businesses and societies. The new holistic NRI framework (see figure below) reflects how technology and people need to be integrated within an effective governance structure in order to have a positive impact on our economy, society, and the environment.
The redesigned NRI recognizes the pervasiveness of digital technologies in today’s networked world and therefore includes a special focus on key aspects including new technologies, trust, inclusion, and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The NRI has been covered in more than 12,000 media and academic articles and reports, and its 2019 version has been downloaded over 5000 times, since late December 2019.
There are several benefits to becoming an NRI Knowledge Partner, including the following:
- The Partner’s CEO is invited to submit a foreword to the report.
- The logo of the Partner is prominently displayed on the NRI report and at all NRI related events.
- A senior business leader from the Partner is invited to participate in the NRI launch event and in other NRI regional events.
- The Partner is invited to submit a chapter to the report.
- The Partner is encouraged to contribute to the development and evolution of the NRI.
- The Partner can hold dedicated events, with local digital technology stakeholders, to leverage the NRI findings.
- A Partner’s staff member can be assigned to work with and learn from the NRI team.
NRI Knowledge Partners commit to:
- Work closely with the NRI team and the Portulans Institute.
- Maintain and promote the NRI as a trusted, independent source, free of conflicts of interest.
- Support efforts to publicize and distribute the NRI in ways that support its overall goals.
- Contribute to secure financial support for the NRI research and events.
Previous Knowledge Partners have included:
- 2019: The World Information Technology and Services Alliance – WITSA and 2019 Contributors!
- 2016: Cisco Systems
- 2015: Cisco Systems and Strategy&
- 2014: Cisco Systems and Booz & Company
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.