The DCN Global and the Portulans Institute invite you to an online discussion about the 2022 edition of the Network Readiness Index (NRI) focusing on the role of youth in the process of Digital Transformation. This webinar will explore issues related to media literacy and active citizenship, including the importance of formal education, trust and social media in fostering youth engagement.
Register using this link: https://bit.ly/YouthDigitalTransformation and join us!
During the first part of the discussion, the Portulans Institute will present key findings and highlights from the Network Readiness Index 2022.
During the second part, well-known speakers from all over the world will open the discussion and will try to explore questions such as:
- Digital Natives are the future, but how future-ready are digital natives?
- Does today’s formal education provide young people with the required skills and competencies for an increasingly digital world?
- Is technology going to amplify digital divides rather than closing them?
- What is the importance of appropriate tech and data governance policies in fostering trust and driving better engagement?
- Are digital natives increasingly concerned about privacy from governments and corporations?
- What is the future of social media and online communities from the Gen Z perspective?
- Rafael Escalona Reynoso, CEO and Secretary for the Board of Directors, Portulans Institute, USA
- Nikos Panagiotou, President, DCN Global, Greece
- Alexandre Le Voci Sayad, Co-Chair of the International Steering Committee, UNESCO Media and Information Literacy Alliance, Brazil
- Bibi C. Reisdorf, Associate Professor, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA
- Mariam Chaduneli, Senior Policy Associate, Project Manager of the NRI, Portulans Institute, UK
- Moderator: Raashi Saxena, DCN Board Member, Asia