The Portulans Institute and Saïd Business School, University of Oxford invite you to an online discussion about Digital Natives and Entrepreneurship: Perspectives from the US, UK and Africa. This webinar is part of a wider series of discussion drawing on the theme of the 2022 edition of the Network Readiness Index (NRI) focusing on the role of youth in the process of Digital Transformation.
Join us on May 2, 2023, 2:00pm BST (9:00am EDT).
Drawing on the theme of the 2022 edition of the Network Readiness Index, this webinar will explore some of the key challenges to becoming an entrepreneur, from lack of appropriate education and skills, to shortage of funding opportunities, geographic limitations, gender stereotypes and policy shortcomings.
Tune in as some of the leaders of the global startup ecosystem share their thoughts on successfully navigating entrepreneurship and identifying the right opportunities for your venture. You will hear from Meagan Loyst (founder and CEO of GenZ VCs) Cecilia Zhao (Venture and Growth Investor at Kinnevik ) and Gilles Ametepe (Co-founder at Ghana for Startups).
This moderated discussion will last one hour and will cover the following questions:
- What makes digital natives more entrepreneurial than previous generations?
- What are the challenges that young founders face?
- Is this lack of education, skills, incentives, or the ability to attract investors within and beyond their national markets?
- What opportunities are available and what could be improved?
- Meagan Loyst – Founder and CEO at Gen Z VCs
- Cecilia Zhao – Venture and Growth Investor @Kinnevik
- Gilles Ametepe – Co-founder at Startups for Ghana
The discussion will be moderated by Mariam Chaduneli – Senior Policy Associate at Portulans Institute