Data Analyst, Portulans Institute
Posted: August 20, 2021
The Portulans Institute (PI) is an independent, non-profit, non-partisan think tank based in Washington DC. Founded in 2019, PI aims to develop cross-community knowledge and dialogue on how people, technology and innovation contribute to sustainable and innovative growth, and inform policy-makers by producing independent, rigorous metrics and data based research. PI also collaborates with private sector leaders to drive a business agenda that invests in people, technology and innovation for a prosperous and common future. We are seeking an enthusiastic, highly motivated Data Analyst to join our team!
This position is a unique opportunity to play an important, supportive role in PI’s research. As a Data Analyst, you will contribute to PI’s world-class research by assisting in the development of Information Management Systems and indices as well as the collection and analysis of data underlying composite indicators for PI’s indices and databases.
Compensation: Negotiable based on experience.
Location: Remote for the foreseeable future.
Status: Positions are Part-time or Full-time.
Reports to: Leadership.
- Collective, evaluating and processing incoming data from a variety of sources to ensure data quality and accuracy.
- Contribution to the methodological development and implementation of composite indicators.
- Provide substantive input into PI’s Information Management System development.
- Monitoring new data and technological developments as they arise.
- Provide technical support for the Leadership team and Associates where necessary.
- Perform other relevant duties as requested.
- U.S. Work permit required for U.S. based candidates. Candidates from foreign locations are also encouraged to apply.
- At least 5 years of experience with research, production, and development of data.
- Master’s student or PhD Candidate or recent graduate in data science, statistics, computer science or related field, with developed quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in English
- Experience in composite indicator development and data analytics.
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to support multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Highly motivated, collaborative and flexible team player with strong organizational and project management skills.
As a Data Analyst, you will gain exposure to a global network of thought leaders from government, international organizations, the private sector, civil society and academia. This position provides the opportunity to use various methodologies and theories of practice and apply your data analysis skills to work being shared across a cross-cultural community of partners.
Closing Date: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Ideally, we would like to find a candidate for this position as soon as possible (before September 15, 2021).
Please email your CV, a short cover letter (300 words) and a work or project sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Data Analyst Application [last name]”. In your cover letter, please include information about your availability (hours/weekdays). We will be in touch if your skills, experiences and motivations are a match for PI!