In 2020, the Portulans Institute launched the flagship Dialogue on Digital Transformation series. Portulans staff virtually convened a series of thought-provoking video and written conversations with renowned global experts. The interviews addressed the critical issue of digital transformation and the impact of the COVID-19 crisis on its advancement and acceleration worldwide. In addition to hosting over 20 interviews, the Dialogue series builds on the data-driven findings about digital readiness included in Portulans’ Network Readiness Index 2020, and the ‘Building Forward Better’ panels, virtually convened around the world, with panels covering North America, Latin America, Asia and the Pacific, Europe, and the Middle East and North Africa. This series of conversations addresses some of the year’s most important questions about digital transformation, from leveraging digital transformation to rebuild more inclusive economies and combating the digital divide to striking the crucial balance between competitiveness and human-centric innovation.
Building on insights from digital transformation thought leaders, hailing from government, international organisations, the private sector and nonprofits, the Dialogue on Digital Transformation report (2021) consolidates and highlights key ideas and draws attention to the main digital trends that will shape innovation, technology and human capital throughout 2021. Download the ‘Dialogue on Digital Transformation: Interviews & Panel Insights’ report here.
Find our interviews on digital transformation with global thought leaders, government experts, CEOs and private sector innovators, and academics.
- Dr. Anand Agarwal Shares Insights About Public-Private Partnerships and Digital Transformation
- Why Individuals, Firms and Governments Need Digital ‘Mindsets’, According to Simon Kemp
- Brazil Needs to Reinforce Its Bets on Scientific and Technological Development, Says Gianna Sagazio (Director, CNI)
- Dr. Jacques Bughin Shares New Research Insights About the Success and Failure of Digital Transformation Worldwide
- Element AI CEO Jean François Gagné: The COVID-19 Crisis Was a Digitization “Cold Shower”
- Larry Irving Tells Us About the COVID-19 Digital Divide: and What We Need To Do To Close It
- A Conversation with Sonia Jorge About Meaningful Connectivity, Digital Transformation and COVID-19
- The Power of People-First Innovation, According to Brazilian Digital Trailblazer Dr. Cristiano Ferri
- WITSA Secretary General Dr. Jim Poisant Explains Why Championing ICT Development Is So Important
- Emma Arakelyan’s Approach to People-First Digital Transformation
- From Strategic Initiative to Strategic Imperative: Digital Transformation According to Karim Michel Sabbagh
- Marie Lou Papazian’s Perspective on Digitally Transforming Education
- Huawei Public Affairs Expert Dr. Rene Arnold Shares Insights About Digital Tools
- Internet Pioneers Talk About Digital Transformation in the Age of COVID-19 (Vint Cerf, Mei Lin Fung and Samantha Schartman-Cycyk)
- Harvard Law School Library Director Jocelyn Kennedy Tells Us About Digital Transformation
- Frances West Tells Us About Authentic Inclusion, Women in Tech and Digital Transformation
- Hear Nnenna Nwakanma’s Thoughts on Digital Transformation and Meaningful Connectivity
- Preparing Our Workforce for the Tech of Tomorrow: A Conversation with Marco Stefanini
- COVID-19 as a Catalyst of “Necessary Change”: Olu Teniola’s Thoughts on Digital Transformation