October 26, 9 am to 11 am EST (2pm to 4pm Brussels, 9pm to 11pm Singapore)
*confirm your time zones here
For decades, the US and Canada have been recognized and celebrated global innovators; however, Covid-19 has impacted their competitiveness and track records in digital transformation. In which ways can these two economies maintain and improve their digital readiness in a post-COVID world? On October 26, 2020, from 9 am to 11 am EST, Portulans Institute, in cooperation with UNESCO, experts from Harvard University and more, will convene a panel to discuss these critical questions. In this pane, Portulans Institute co-founder Prof. Soumitra Dutta will present and reflect on the Network Readiness Index (NRI) 2020 insights and implications for North America.
Program and Speakers:
Welcome Remarks by Carolina Rossini, Portulans Institute Co-founder and CEO.
Panel Discussion with:
- Larry Irving, CEO, Irving Group, former Vice President, Global Government Affairs, The Hewlett-Packard Company
- Manish Kumar Sinha, Chief Marketing Officer, STL
- Dr. Lara Mangravite, PhD, President of Sage Bionetworks
- Ms. Marie Paule Roudil, Director of UNESCO Liaison Office in New York and UNESCO Representative to the United Nations
- Tom Wheeler, Visiting Fellow at Brookings Institution, Senior Fellow at Harvard Kennedy School, and former chairman of FCC
Network Readiness Index North America Highlight Presentation:
- Prof. Soumitra Dutta, Professor of Management – SC Johnson College of Business, Cornell University and President, Portulans Institute
Moderator: Carolina Rossini, CEO & Co-Founder, Portulans Institute
Check here our Speakers’ Bios!
With support from:
Who is this event for?
Academics, policymakers, business representatives and other stakeholders interested in:
- Digital transformation and Covid-19;
- Impact of digital transformation on North American society;
- Where North America ranks in the NRI 2020;
- Digital divide in the United States and Canada;
- Regional insights on innovation, global talent, and digital transformation.
In advance of this event, hear from global thought leaders about digital transformation and Covid-19 in Portulans’ Dialogue on Digital Transformation series.
2020 Network Readiness Index Knowledge Partner: