On November 11, 8 am to 10 am EST (3 pm to 5 pm EET Cairo time): MENA Network Readiness and Digital Transformation spotlight.
*Please check your time zones here
In recent years, MENA’s track record of digital transformation has generated international attention. With the development of the Covid-19 crisis, which regional economies are best positioned to maintain and improve their competitiveness and digital readiness for a post-Covid world?
Portulans Institute, in cooperation with UNESCO, School of Business at The American University in Cairo and the American Chamber of Commerce in Egypt, is proud to host a virtual panel on the MENA region’s progress in network readiness and digital transformation. In this panel, Portulans co-founders will present the 2020 Network Readiness Index results, highlighting regional data.
Check the Press Release here.
Program and Speakers:
3:05pm EET: Welcome remarks: Carolina Rossini, CEO, Portulans Institute and Dr. Sherif Kamel, President, AmCham Egypt and Dean, School of Business, The American University in Cairo (AUC)
3:20pm EET: Panel Discussion with
- Gaurav Basra, Chief Strategy Officer, STL
- Paul Hector, UNESCO Regional Bureau for Sciences in the Arab States
- Prof. Nagla Rizk, Professor of Economics and Founding Director of the Access to Knowledge for Development Center (A2K4D) at the American University in Cairo’s School of Business.
- Dr. Ahmed Tantawy, Advisor to the Minister of Communications and Information Technology, Egypt.
- Moderator: Marolla Haddad, Senior digital development Policy Specialist, Digital Development GP, The World Bank
4pm EET: Q&A
4:15pm EET: Regional Network Readiness Index Highlights
- Dr. Bruno Lanvin, Executive Director for Global Indices at INSEAD, and Director, Portulans Institute
4:45pm: Q&A and Closing Remarks
Check our Speakers’ bios!
With Support from:
Who is this event for?
Academics, policymakers, business representatives, and other stakeholders interested in:
- Digital transformation and Covid-19;
- Impact of digital transformation in the MENA region;
- Where the MENA region stacks up in the NRI 2020 rankings;
- The digital divide in the Middle East and North Africa
- Regional insights on innovation, global talent, and digital transformation.
In advance of this event, hear from global thought leaders about digital transformation and Covid-19 in Portulans’ Dialogue on Digital Transformation series.
2020 Network Readiness Index Knowledge Partner: