October 27, from 2 pm to 4 pm EST (Das 15hrs as 17hrs de Sao Paulo)
*check your time zones here
In recent years, Latin America has recorded much progress in network readiness and digital transformation. However, the Covid-19 crisis has undeniably impacted the region’s economic development and competitiveness. Which economies are best positioned to maintain and improve their competitiveness and digital readiness in a post-COVID world?
Portulans Institute, in cooperation with UNESCO, the Brazilian Internet Steering Committee (CGI.Br), and The Brazilian Network Information Center (NIC.Br), is proud to host a panel with regional experts highlighting the progress Latin America has achieved in terms of network readiness and digital transformation. In this panel, Portulans co-founder Prof. Soumitra Dutta will present the 2020 Network Readiness Index results and implications for the region.
Program and Speakers:
2pm EST: Welcome Remarks by Carolina Rossini, CEO, Portulans Institute.
2:15 to 3:30pm EST: Panel Discussion with
- Dr. Alexandre Barbosa, Head of the Regional Center for Studies on the Development of the Information Society (Cetic.Br)
- Lidia Brito, Director of the UNESCO Regional Office for Science in Latin America and the Caribbean, and UNESCO Representative in Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay
- Prof. Lourdes Casanova, Senior Lecturer and Emerging Markets Institute Gail and Rob Cañizares Director, S.C. Johnson School of Management, Cornell University
- Prof. Soumitra Dutta, Professor of Management – SC Johnson College of Business, Cornell University and President, Portulans Institute
- Diego Molano, Former Minister of Information Technologies and Communications of Colombia
- Dr. Sebastian Rovira, Economic Affairs Officer & Officer in Charge of the Innovation and New Technologies Unit, UN-ECLAC
3:30 pm EST: Q&A
Panel Moderator: Carolina Rossini, Portulans Institute CEO.
Check here our Speakers’ bios!
With support from:
Who is this event for?
Academics, policymakers, business representatives and other stakeholders interested in:
- Digital transformation and Covid-19;
- Digital transformation’s impact in Latin America;
- Where Latin America is in the NRI 2020 rankings;
- The digital divide in Latin America;
- Regional insights on innovation, global talent, and digital transformation.
In advance of this event, hear from global thought leaders about digital transformation and Covid-19 in Portulans’ Dialogue on Digital Transformation series.
2020 Network Readiness Index Knowledge Partner: