On October 21, 5 am to 7 am EST (DC) (11 am to 1 pm Brussels or 5 pm to 7 pm Singapore)
Event summary and video available here.
*check your time zones here
For years, many Asian economies have been world-renowned champions of digital transformation, ranking highly in the Network Readiness Index (NRI). In which ways has Covid-19 impacted their ongoing digital transformation? Which economies in the region are positioned to fast track their digital transformation process and ensure competitiveness in a post-COVID-19 world? On October 21, 2020, 5 am to 7 am EST, Portulans Institute, in cooperation with UNESCO, is proud to host a regional spotlight online event. In this panel, Portulans Institute co-founders will join regional experts to discuss these critical questions and NRI 2020 insights for Asia.
Program and Confirmed Speakers:
5am: Welcome remarks by Carolina Rossini, CEO, Portulans Institute.
5:15 to 6:30am EST: Panel Discussion with
- John Garrity, Economist and Policy Advisor, NRI Technical Advisor
- Misako Ito, Regional Adviser and Chief, Communication and Information, at UNESCO
- Dr. Bruno Lanvin, Executive Director for Global Indices at INSEAD, and Director, Portulans Institute
- Dr. Jim Poisant, Secretary-General at The World Information Technology & Services Alliance (WITSA).
- Dr. Frances West, CEO FrancesWestCo and Former IBM Chief Accessibility Officer
6:30am EST: Q&A
Moderator: Carolina Rossini, CEO & Co-Founder, Portulans Institute
With support from:
Who is this event for?
Academics, policymakers, business representatives, and other stakeholders interested in:
- Digital transformation and Covid-19;
- Asia’s competitiveness and NRI 2020 rankings;
- The digital divide in Asian economies;
- Policy interventions;
- Regional insights on innovation and global talent.
In advance of this event, hear from global thought leaders about digital transformation and Covid-19 in Portulans’ Dialogue on Digital Transformation series.
2020 Network Readiness Index Knowledge Partner: