Application deadline: July 9, 2023
Fellowship period: August 2023 – July 2024
- To develop cross-community knowledge and dialogue on how people, technology, and innovation contribute to sustainable and inclusive growth.
- To inform policymakers, by producing independent, rigorous metrics and data-based research.
- To collaborate with private sector leaders in driving a business agenda that invests in people, technology, and innovation for a prosperous common future.
- To host and co-organize events and conferences on the above issues affecting human-centric sustainable economic prosperity.
As a Portulans Institute Fellow, you will…
- Have access to our network of policymakers, company leaders and academics who are focused on the role of innovation, technology, and ICT for sustainable growth.
- Have exclusive access to the data behind our indices and publications.
- Take advantage of PI’s content distribution channels to publish your related research.
- Have the opportunity to join the global events of the Portulans Institute and be supported in organizing your own events.
- Be able to access a grant of up to US $1,000.00 during your Fellowship with PI.
What we’re looking for in our Fellows:
- At least three years of relevant work or research experience in technology, innovation, global talent, public policy, business, economics, management, or a related field.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills. Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to explain technology to those that aren’t as familiar with technology tools or concepts.
- Track record of success taking initiative, leading projects, and working with others.
- Ability to work with a global team and flexibility to work remotely.
- Fluent in English. Working knowledge of a second language is a plus.
- Ability to attend bi-weekly cohort meetings (schedule will be determined based on availability).
- Committed to the Portulans Institute mission.
This is a global Fellowship. Residency in Washington DC is not required to be a fellow of the Portulans Institute.
Examples of past Fellowship activities:
- Conducting research relevant policymaking topics covered by Portulans Institute (see https://portulansinstitute.org/our-focus)
- Producing and publishing content for our blog.
- Working on case studies of relevant countries, translating Portulans Institute findings in support of local policy making.
- Participating in and submitting briefs to conferences or events on behalf of PI.
- Organizing dialogues with industry leaders, policymakers, key figures, etc.
- Hosting joint events with other think-tanks, governmental and non-governmental organizations, companies, etc.
- Developing training courses or workshops pertaining to relevant topics and applicable skill sets within the industry.
- Supporting Portulans Institute by writing about your experience periodically, and by representing Portulans Institute at events.
- Other relevant activities, as determined by the Fellow.
Learn more about our 2022-2023 Fellowship cohort: https://portulansinstitute.org/introducing-our-2022-fellows/